Sunday, August 26, 2007

DMV and City Hall

Thursday, August 9, 2007

If you ever have to go to the DMV, prepare to spend the whole day there! In order to convert my Connecticut license to California I had to take a written test and eye exam. What a difference compared to when we moved to Connecticut. To convert from CA to CT all that was required was Social Security card ID and proof of residency.

However before getting into the long line for the test, valid identification certificates were required. If you have a name change due to marriage, the marriage certificate is required. Blah! Being that I did not have that certificate in hand, Syd and I had to take a trip to SF City Hall for an official copy.

Inside San Francisco City Hall.



Balcony site of where Keith and I got married 16 years ago in December.



Syd disturbs some pigeons as we walk back to the DMV.



Also on our route to the DMV we spotted this Dragon head. Such red lips.



When we got back to the DMV, Syd and I settled down for a loooooooong wait. Fortunately, I was able to take the tests a half hour before closing. There were a lot of people behind me who would have to come back the next day. Whew!

Keith warned me about the test so I took a few sample tests online beforehand. Both Keith and I passed the written tests with one wrong. A passing grade is 6 or fewer errors.

Sample question: It is illegal for a person 21 years of age or older to drive with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) that is ___ or higher?

a. 0.08% - eight hundredths of one percent
b. 0.10% - one tenth of one percent
c. 0.05% - five hundredths of one percent